Sunday, October 14, 2012

A little cleaning up

The task of the day was to get the excess from the bottom panels planed off and sanded smooth, and to fill in the rest of the screw holes.

Here's the joint at the starboard side of the stern. Came out nice. Its pretty cool how these joints come out looking nice and tight after you clean them up.


And here's the bow transom:


The spots on the sides where the bottom wasn't quite wide enough worked out fine. I buttered them up with thickened epoxy yesterday, and today, after smoothing them off, here's what we have:

The only evidence there was ever a problem is that slightly thicker bit of epoxy along the seam there. That stuff sure can hide a lot of mistakes.

I used "fast" hardener on the screw fillers, so hopefully those will be cured and I can sand them off after dinner. And the big task is to sit down and calculate exactly how much glass I'm going to need so I can get that ordered tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment